Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

His Sweet Reminders


Do you ever just need a little reminder throughout the day?  It amazes me how God can give me such encouragement and instruction in the morning during my time in His word, and then an hour later I've completely forgotten all about it.    

I found these chicken scratches on this little piece of paper tucked on my kitchen window sill. I remember quickly writing it one morning a couple weeks ago as the kids were waking up and the house was coming to life....to remind me of the things God had put on my heart that morning...my attempt at keeping it before me throughout the day so I wouldn't forget.

I don't remember if I even looked at it that day or not...I think I need to actually tape it to my arm!  

I'm thankful I found it though...God is so gentle in his love for us.  He works patiently with his clay, molding it with tender, slow movements.  He knows our frame, that we are but dust.  He knows I need these sweet reminders.  He is my Good Shepherd....leading me to green pastures...to still waters...(to little pieces of paper that have living words on them)....restoring my soul and leading me in paths of righteousness.  

So, his reminder today....

Sing praises to God.
Rejoice always.
Be thankful.
Think about praiseworthy, commendable things - the positive.
Focus on the good things the kids do.
Be a tender, loving mother.

2 comments:

  1. Great reminders darling. I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are scriptures I often think of. I need to post them around my house as a constant reminder.

    ReplyDelete