Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Words That Give Wings


This morning the Lord gave me a beautiful reminder. He gave me a renewed focus and vision for not only today but for the years to come.  The years seems to slip past me like sand through my fingers.  My kids are growing up right before my eyes.  How can maximize the time I have with them? How can I be God's tool to make them into something great?

The years seem like a huge mass, but when you break it down, the years are made up of days, and the days are made up of moments like this one. The words that I speak to my children in these everyday moments are words that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives.  They are either words that give them wings or words that cripple them.  

Today...no, this morning...this moment...I want to focus on speaking life-giving words to my children.  Words that empower them, that change those frustrated pursed lips into a smile....words that lift their spirits and give them confident assurance that they can do it, they are special, they are prized.  

Will you join me today in my quest to fill the hearts of my children with encouraging, life-giving words...words that I want my children to carry in their hearts for the rest of their lives?  

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24

A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. Proverbs 15:4

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  Ephesians 4:29

++++

These truths can be applied to all of our relationships!  Think about how you can change someone's day (or year...or life!) by your words today!  The cashier with a bad attitude- see it as a challenge to put a smile on her face before you leave. You never know what she's going through and how your words can lift her spirit. This can have a ripple effect as she goes home with a soaring spirit and gives her son a hug.  You never know what God can do when we follow Him in loving others as He has loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment