Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Jenny's MUST READ New Year's Resolutions

Well to start off I have to say that I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish all that is racing around in my mind. But, I just have to write it all down. Maybe you could help me prioritize (and keep me accountable)! By the way, this is not your typical New Year's Resolutions list :-)


1. SO MANY SPIRITUAL GOALS FOR MYSELF AND THE FAM...hard to list. Some of them are: be in the Word more (individually & as a family), more discipleship time with individual kids, memorize more Scripture, train & discipline children always using the Scriptures...and most of all, grow in our love for Jesus and others!

2. GET HEALTHY (ok, this one is typical). I want to get my family eating healthy again (I've totally slacked).  No more processed foods filled with dyes, artificial flavors and preservatives (all chemicals made from petroleum!). I just started taking the Real Food for Rookies class online and we cleaned out the pantry. So, I made my first step! Now to figure out what we can eat!

3. GET A PIG. We want to raise a pig or 2 for meat this year.

4. GET MORE HENS. We're only getting 2 eggs a day and need a new flock.

5. RAISE MEAT CHICKENS...and figure out how to slaughter them (ahhh!!) Oh, and we want to raise some turkeys too!

6. GET READY FOR BABY GOATS. We bred our milk goat "Liberty Belle" and think she's pregnant (hard to tell on a goat). She should deliver in May, Lord willing!  Does that make me a midwife now?

7. START A SOAP & SALSA BUSINESS. We want to start selling homemade goat milk soap and "Dad's Disappearing Salsa" (Steven's famous salsa) at farmer's markets this spring.

8. READ "LARGE FAMILY LOGISTICS" (book Steven got me for Christmas) AND BECOME A BETTER MANAGER OF MY HOME & SCHOOL.

9. PRACTICE MORE HOSPITALITY

10. SERVE THE POOR AND NEEDY IN OUR COMMUNITY ON A MORE REGULAR BASIS

11. LEARN TO SEW. I want to make summer dresses for Hailey & me. :-)

12. LEARN TO PLAY THE BANJO...ok, that one's not going to happen right now.

and what you've been waiting for....

13. GET READY FOR BABY #7 COMING IN SEPTEMBER!!!!! Yay!!!!! We are so excited! The Lord has given us yet another gift and we do not take this for granted. He says they are His reward and blessing!(Ps. 127:3-5) We are humbled and thankful that He loves us so much. Now to figure out how to convert the attached garage (aka Steven's shop) into more living space! Which means we also need to build Steven a shop! Maybe we should start a Mena Family Expansion Fund!...with a DONATE button in the sidebar :-)

Ok...side note here. How many of you scrolled right down to the end to see if that was coming?!? I knew it! :-) You're thinking...yada, yada, yada, where's the good stuff? I tried to think of more to add to my list just to make you suffer...just kidding :-)

Oh, and now I need to accomplish all the above goals before September 12th (due date)! HA!! Much prayer needed... 


Well, it's fixin' to be an eventful year on The Fruitful Farm!  So come and visit!!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jenny and family! What exciting news to start the year off with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So exciting!!! Congrats! Babies are such an incredible blessing.
    About the sewing, I'll teach you! We'll have to get together sometime. Do you have a machine? If not we can use mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We're so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jenny! You're a remarkable woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great Jenny!!! We're so happy for you guys!!! We need to talk soon about all your homesteading journeys!! I am saving Swagbucks to buy Large Family Logistics and can't wait to read it!

    What a great start to the new year - you are so blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...I did not jump to the end because I was interested in your goals since I just did a post like this on my blog. I love goals number 1 and 2 because I have similar goals listed on my list. Congrats on the coming addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Jenny! Now, you've really got me beat! Now, I'm wondering if you really want all that livestock or were just giving us something to read until you let us know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney6:38 AM

    I can't wait to see you today! You're very inspiring, I would like to spend a week at your house and see how you manage all this, I can barely manage my 6 without a farm. Great post, I will pray for strength with this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jenny and Steven. May the Lord continue to bless your life.

    ReplyDelete