Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Liberty Belle & Rob Roy

I just realized that I never posted to say that our goats arrived!  That was 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I guess I've been a little busy :)  I'm milking morning and evening and have been hanging all our clothes on the line for about a month while our dryer was out of order.  I now have a working dryer (as of a couple days ago) and am sitting down at the computer for the first time in a loooong time!  But since I still have to make this short, I will just say I'm really enjoying our little farm.  I love milking our goat.  Jake and Zack are taking turns coming with me in the morning and learning (hopefully) how to care for them and even milk one day.  Steven and I have made the evening milking our new daily "date night".  We head out with our head-lights on and get some good laughs.  Here is a video of my first milking the night Liberty Belle arrived.  It was so funny! I'm milking in the chicken coop and the chickens had their feathers ruffled with the new guest in the house...


We also got a little boy goat as a companion for Liberty.  His name is Rob Roy.  He's such a sweetie.  And for those of you who know about goats, don't worry, he's wethered (castrated) so he won't be stinking up the place.
Rob Roy

Liberty Belle
Our first taste of the milk! Straight from the goat.  It was delicious.

Lazin' around...

Isn't he the cutest?
 For more pictures of our goats, check out our boys' blog - www.menaboysadventures.blogspot.com (in sidebar links).

Well, that's it for now. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! Love the video. Someday we'll have to come over for goat milking lessons.

    Jed has such a sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you can see on your boys' faces just how much they adore you. You're a good Mama and the Lord has blessed you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, just found your blog, love it. Looks like your doing a great job with all those kiddos. I agree with Monique the Lord has blessed you.

    ReplyDelete