Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Let the Season Begin

Tis the season for new beginnings!  
I LOVE Spring!! 
Life is beginning to come alive again here on the farm.  
This morning Annabelle had 5 kittens...and the kids and I got to watch!  
It was so awesome!
(Yes, this is the same Annabelle who had kittens last year.
Guess we didn't get her fixed fast enough. Oops!)


We told the kids from the start that we can only keep one, 
but already they are begging to keep them all.
They have each claimed "their" kitty.
They are excited that she had 5, cause now they each get one to play with!
Oh my... this may be tough.
Anyone want a precious little kitten? 


I also shaved the boys' heads yesterday.  
Tis the season for sweaty boy heads, so the hair had to go! 
If you've never been in the south in the summer heat, 
then you may not get what I'm talking about.
Summer may not be here yet, but the sweaty heads are!!
I think they look so cute!
(Well, Sam looks a little scary in this pic. Guess he forgot to smile.)

And the garden is underway...
Steven and the boys have been working on getting it ready. 


Today they made all the rows and mounds, 
and layed out the watering system.

It looks beautiful!  And it's ready to plant!



The mounds on the left will be for watermelon and cantaloupe. Yum :)
We will also plant tomatoes (lots), peppers, green beans, butter beans, 
squash & zucchini, cucumbers, strawberries and I think that's it.
We also plan to have an herb garden!

The flowers are in bloom...


And so am I!  Sorry, I don't have a picture of me right now.  
I'll have to take one.
I'm about 18 wks and have a serious baby bump already!
Guess that's what happens with baby #7.

Springtime will also bring us into a new business venture. 
We're in the SOAP business!
Goat Milk Soap to be exact.
We have just a few soaps for sale right now, 
but will have a whole line of new soaps coming soon!
So stay tuned!

Here is our Peppermint Goat Milk Soap


And our Raspberry Cheesecake Goat Milk Soap


They smell delicious and are so wonderful and moisturizing for your skin.
We can't believe how soft our skin is since we've been using this soap!
We're becoming soap snobs. Anytime we use "regular" soap,
we think, "Yuck, how did we ever use this stuff? My skin feels is so dry now!"
You'll just have to try it for yourself. :)

Well, that's it for now.
We'll keep you posted as our springtime events continue. 
We hope to have a baby goat to report next month!




1 comment:

  1. I love the new picture at the top of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete