Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Peaceable Peacemaker

James 3:17-18, "But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.  And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace."

A friend of mine showed me this verse yesterday, specifically vs 18.  We were looking at it in relation to training our children.  I SO want a harvest of righteousness in my children's hearts.  In this verse we see that it is sown in PEACE by those who make PEACE.  I feel like my whole day is spent trying to make peace in my home- from settling arguments between the kids, teaching them to share, get along, think of others before themselves to trying to create a peaceful environment by keeping the home running smoothly- keeping the food coming, the laundry clean and the place in some sense of order and cleanliness.  I believe that all of this is part of being a peacemaker in my home.  But to go back to the verse: "And a harvest of righteousness is sown IN PEACE by those who make peace." The problem is that I don't always do this "peacemaking" in a peaceful way!  I can get frustrated, impatient and angry when things aren't peaceful.  Kind of ironic, isn't it? This verse has been an encouragement to me to sow in peace.  And what a wonderful promise that God has given that as I sow in peace (by His grace and strength!) I will reap a harvest of righteousness! (not only in my children, but in myself as well). 

Galatians 6:9, "And let us not grown weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

Philipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

2 Corinthians 12:9, "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

So be encouraged with me today to be a Peaceable Peacemaker!

4 comments:

  1. I will try to be more peacefull mom

    love,
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather wilson4:40 PM

    Ugh! Boy that hit home. I am so often not peaceful when trying to keep the peace. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try too Jake. I sure love you!
    Love,
    Mom
    (sorry i tried to comment earlier and didn't realize I was logged in as Mena Boys! Thus the deleted post :)

    ReplyDelete